Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour with rafting down the Colorado River and a trip through northern Arizona
- Cruise down the smooth waters of the Colorado River aboard a raft and take in stunning views of Glen Canyon
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on a riverside beach and see ancient cliffside pueblo petroglyphs
- Drive through the San Francisco Volcanic Field and the Painted Desert
- Visit the historic Cameron Navajo Trading Post
- Round-trip hotel transport from Sedona included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Take in the scenery as you travel through northern Arizona's dramatic terrain en route to Glen Canyon Dam, passing by some of the 600 volcanoes that make up the San Francisco Volcanic Field, which borders the Colorado Plateau. In the distance, see the Painted Desert, which is part of the Petrified Forest National Park. Take a break to stretch your legs and check out the goods at a trading post, operated by the Navajo Nation of Cameron since 1911, and now a popular rest stop for travelers to the Grand Canyon.
When you arrive in the town of Page, head to the base of the Glen Canyon Dam, which formed Lake Powell by blocking the mighty Colorado River. Your rafting trip starts nearby, and you'll receive a safety briefing before setting out on this calm stretch of the famous river.
Your Colorado River float covers 15 miles (24 km) as it winds through gorgeous Glen Canyon. Enjoy a picnic lunch during a stop on the river (sandwich, snacks and fruit) and have time to swim in the chilly waters of the Colorado or follow your guide on an easy hike to see ancient petroglyphs created by the Anasazi, who built their homes in these cliffs.
Your rafting trip ends at Lees Ferry, located in the Glen Canyon Recreation Area. Lees Ferry once served as a ferry crossing and military outpost, and is now considered the official starting point of the Grand Canyon. Hop into your vehicle there and relax during the drive back to your Sedona hotel.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and operates from May 1st to October 1st only.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All the vans are fully climate controlled
- It is recommended that you bring extra layers of clothing in the Spring and Fall
- The trip is only smooth water
- A stop is made for lunch on a large sandy beach where there is a huge wall of ancient Indian petroglyphs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ma Pa Tours
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff