- 1.5-hour Segway tour of San Francisco's waterfront
- Discover Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Hyde Street Pier, and other waterfront highlights
- Snap photos of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island
- Includes helmet and safety vests, with optional jackets and gloves available
Departure & Return
Tours depart from rear parking lot that is accessed from the driveway next to Wells Fargo Bank ATM. Across the street from Hyde Street Cable Car Turnaround. Arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled tour time. If you are late - you will lose your reservation and no refund or reschedule will be issued.
What To Expect
Begin with a safety briefing on the new Segway i2 with Lean Steer. After a 20-30 minute training session with time to practice, set out with your guide for your waterfront tour. Each person uses a compact radio receiver to hear your guide's commentary about the landmarks that you pass, which include the cable car turn-around, National Maritime Museum, Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park, Hyde Street Pier, Ghirardelli Square, and North Beach – the Little Italy of San Francisco.
Along the way, you'll see a World War II Liberty Ship and the submarine USS Pampanito, get great photo ops of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island, and learn about the historic ships at Hyde Street Pier.
Traveling by Segway provides an eco-friendly way to get to know the city, and see more than you could cover on foot or in a large tour bus. After two hours, your tour ends with return to Fisherman's Wharf.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Check in 15 minutes before start time
- SEGWAY RIDER REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests must be age 12 or older.
- All guests must weigh between 100-250 lbs or 45-113 kilos.
- NOTE: We have a scale on site and check minimum weights for safety of all of our guests. Underweight guests will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- No pregnant guests are allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for some guests that are: ages 70 years and older, have had recent surgeries or have motor skill/control issues.
- Each customer must sign a Liability Waiver.
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and are required.
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY San Francisco Electric Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff