- Evening Segway tour of Chinatown, North Beach and the Embarcadero
- Glide along the streets of San Francisco for 2.5 hours, accompanied by a guide
- Cruise through the lantern-lit streets of Chinatown and discover hidden alleys
- Stop for photos in front of the historic fleet of ships berthed at Hyde Street Pier
- Check out a light installation that makes the Bay Bridge glitter
- Helmet and safety vests provided; jackets and gloves available
Departure & Return
Tour office is across the street from the Hyde and Powell Streets Cable Car turn-around. A Wells Fargo Bank ATM (Red Sign) is at the entrance to the driveway of the training area. You MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time or risk forfeiture.
What To Expect
Start on Beach Street, where you’ll meet your guide and spend about 40 minutes learning and practicing how to operate your Segway and radio device, which allows you to listen to your guide’s narration while you zoom through the city. Then take off toward North Beach, a neighborhood also known as San Francisco’s Little Italy.
Glide past busy Italian restaurants that line the charming streets of this district, and see landmarks like Saints Peter and Paul Church and Washington Square Park while your guide tells you about the Beat poets, artists and others who came here as part of the counterculture movement decades ago.
Then head to adjacent Chinatown, a historical neighborhood where streets are dotted with lanterns, dim sum restaurants, small alleys and souvenir shops, as well as decorations in honor of holidays like Chinese New Year, depending on the date of your tour. From here, make your way to the Embarcadero to admire the illuminated Bay Bridge from the waterfront, and cruise by the Ferry Building as you head to Fisherman’s Wharf.
Look out at Alcatraz Island and enjoy views of historical piers and ships before your Segway tour ends back at the starting point. Throughout the tour, you’ll make plenty of stops to take photos and listen to commentary from your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Check in 15 minutes before start time.
- SEGWAY RIDER REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests must be age 12 or older.
- All guests must weigh between 100-250 lbs or 45-113 kilos.
- NOTE: We have a scale on site and check minimum weights for safety of all of our guests. Underweight guests will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- No pregnant guests are allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for some guests that are: ages 70 years and older, have had recent surgeries or have motor skill/control issues.
- Each customer must sign a Liability Waiver.
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and are required.
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY San Francisco Electric Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff