- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees on easy walking paths
- Tour Napa and Sonoma wineries and try 3-5 wines at each
- Pickup and drop-off from selected San Francisco hotels
- Share your experiences with free WiFi available
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet at the Mason street entrance (Eastern entrance). Please check your email confirmation from Extranomical Tours or contact the provider to confirm your pick-up details and times
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Muir Woods National Monument is home to a pristine forest of California coastal redwoods, which are some of the planet’s tallest and oldest trees with heights that can reach 250 feet (76 meters). You have some time here to wander through the grove of giant sequoias and cross over mossy streams. Your guide will tell you about the local vegetation and wildlife along the nature trail. Then return to the tour vehicle for the drive further north into wine country.
Wine country tour: When you reach your first winery in Sonoma County’s Carneros region, you can explore the grounds, enjoy photo ops of the vineyard and sample a variety of wines in a welcoming atmosphere. For lunch, guests can choose one of two lunch options. The first is to venture out on their own and try one of the many cafés and restaurants located in the plaza. The second option is to upgrade their wine country experience to the next level with a private seated gourmet food and wine pairing experience at a local restaurant. They will enjoy delicious local food paired with a collection of California wines. After being greeted with Sonoma Valley cheeses and sparkling wine, guests may select a course such as minestrone Soup with navy beans and vegetables, pasta with either a beef and pork sauce or arugula-almond pesto sauce or grilled salmon with seasonal vegetables and balsamic reduction. Afterward, continue your tour to your second and third wineries in Sonoma County or Napa County for more tastings. Enjoy a leisurely stop at each winery, and you’ll have the chance to taste 3 to 5 wines of different varietals, from white to red to sparkling. Tasting fees are included, and you may purchase bottles not available in retail stores to take home. See below for a sample of wineries you may visit.
Your day trip ends with the drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge. Admire views of the vast Pacific and the rugged coastline before hotel drop-off.
Redwoods & Wine Country Escape with Gourmet Food & Wine Pairing upgrade: Discover Muir Woods National Monument, Sonoma & Napa Valley in 1 Day and enjoy an exclusive three-course gourmet meal and wine pairing. (Lunch for children not included in the rate and needs to get paid at the restaurant).
NOTE: Tastings are usually held at Kieu Hoang Winery, Muscardini Cellars and Mayo Family Winery, but locations are subject to change, depending on availability.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- For hotel pickups, if your hotel is not listed, please select the Hilton Union Square at 333 O'Farrell Street (the meeting point is outside the Mason Street entrance).
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator in advance may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- Tour makes stops for breakfast and lunch. Meals are not included (except lunch if option is added at checkout).
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- For international guests, please be aware the legal drinking age in the United States is 21 years of age.
- For the rare event that commercial parking is not available at Muir Woods, we reserve the right to arrange an alternative destination for experiencing Giant Coastal Redwoods during your Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour.
- Please always refer to the providers confirmation for exact pick-up time and location as this may differ from your hotel
- If lunch upgrade is selected, your group will sit together for a table-side presentation of local wines paired with each expertly prepared course of California cuisine.
- Most travelers can participate
- For Private Tour option, size of vehicle will be dependent on the size of your party
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 37 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extranomical Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you want to have a fairly quick visit (1 hour on your own) to Muir Woods, a tour is the way to go since transportation is provided and you don't have to concern yourself with parking." See review