3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
'Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown,' but if you're willing to get off the tour bus, then San Francisco's Chinatown and its foodie adventures don't have to remain a riddle. Explore the roads less-taken, sample Chef Han's world-famous Szechuan cuisine and the delectable Peking duck, take in the sights and smells of the real Chinatown, and see how San Francisco's Chinese Americans live during this culinary and gourmet food tour.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
On our Chinatown Food Tour, we will explore the remarkable and historic ethnicity, culture, and foods that define Hong Kong and mainland China. You will taste authentic Canto and Mandarin foods
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
1066 Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
We will be meeting outside in front of The East/West Bank
1068 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Per San Francisco regulations, you must show proof of vaccination for indoor dining. Some of our food tastings are done inside the food establishment. You must show proof of vaccination to take this food tour. Thank you for your understanding.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sidewalk Food Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Do you offer vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free options for the San Francisco Chinatown Food Tour?
A:We do offer a full vegetarian option, however, guests with vegan or gluten-free diets are able to enjoy appx. 50% of the food offerings. Feel free to let us know of any dietary restrictions in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during San Francisco Chinatown Food Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during San Francisco Chinatown Food Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during San Francisco Chinatown Food Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during San Francisco Chinatown Food Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 6242P5
Compare Similar Experiences
San Francisco Chinatown Food Tour
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingSan FranciscoFood Tours - CaliforniaWalking Tours - CaliforniaHalf-day Tours - CaliforniaFood Tours - SausalitoWalking Tours - SausalitoHalf-day Tours - SausalitoFood Tours - Napa & SonomaWalking Tours - Napa & SonomaHalf-day Tours - Napa & SonomaCategory
War Memorial Opera HouseHaas-Lilienthal HouseConservatory of FlowersOracle ParkSaints Peter and Paul ChurchMarin HeadlandsUSS PampanitoTwin PeaksSutro BathsSausalito Vista PointJames R. Herman Cruise Terminal at Pier 27San Francisco Cruise Port at Pier 35Haight-AshburyWalt Disney® Family MuseumSan Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA)Marrakech Magic TheaterAngel Island Immigration StationGrace CathedralNob HillFort Mason