Explore our promoted experiences
- Bus tour and whale-watching cruise from Quebec City
- Beautiful scenery on the bus ride along the St. Lawrence River
- Choose either a speedy zodiac or a large boat for whale-watching
- Enjoy a cruise to spot whales, seals, and belugas
- Certified naturalist-guide provides information on the wildlife
Departure & Return
Place d'Armes, in front of Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, in Old Québec. Please arrive at 8h30 as the Bus depart at 9h00.
What To Expect
Upon arrival, board either the tri-level AML Grand Fleuve observation boat or a much smaller, speedy zodiac for your whale watching adventure (option chosen at checkout). The AML Grand Fleuve is known as the best observation boat in Canada. With glassed-in panoramic decks, several terraces and an observation platform, the boat provides exceptional visibility. The upper deck is covered for protection from the sun and inclement weather. There’s even a bistro and gift shop. The Zodiac, on the other hand, provides a much closer experience with the whales and the various marine species of the St. Lawrence River. It’s smaller, speedier—a more intimate nature excursion.
Both vessels depart from the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River in the heart of the Saguenay-Saint Lawrence Marine Park and include an educational and entertaining narrative on this history and nature of this eastern Canadian region.
At the end of the cruise, the voyage ends with a return trip to Quebec City and a drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Meals are not included. Passengers on the AML Grand Fleuve cruise may purchase food on board; passengers on the zodiac cruise are recommended to bring a lunch or snacks
- Please dress warmly, as it can be quite cold on the river. An insulated jacket, hat, gloves and closed-toes shoes are highly recommended.
- Minimum age is 6 years for the zodiac boat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 650 travelers
- OPERATED BY Croisieres AML
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews