- Explore the events of 9/11 on a walking tour of New York's Ground Zero
- Be sure to cover the sights and tales of 9/11 that you could miss alone
- Includes skip-the-line entry to the 9/11 Museum to save you time and hassle
- Tour the Memorial Pools and other poignant sites such as the Survivor Tree
Departure & Return
The tour meets in front of St Peters Church, at the intersection of Barclay and Church Street
Tour ends at 9/11 Memorial Museum on Greenwich Street between Albany Street and Liberty Street
What To Expect
First, take a look at St. Paul’s Chapel, a religious site that became a meeting point for friends and families searching for news about their loved ones after the attack. Its moving collection of handmade memorials and prayers still populate the interior to this day. Continue to Brookfield Place (formerly the World Financial Center) to get a sense of the financial costs of the attack and ongoing efforts to rebuild.
Next, head to the Eleven Tears Memorial, a tribute to the 11 employees of American Express who perished in the attacks. Just nearby, you’ll take a look at the Winter Garden, a site frequently missed by Ground Zero visitors. Continue from here to the 9/11 Memorial Pools, a sober fountain monument with the names of the victims built into the “footprint” of the former Twin Towers. Add more context to your trip by proceeding to the Survivor Tree and Firefighters Memorial, which offer a more intimate look at how New York City locals were impacted by the attack.
Make the final stop of the day at the 9/11 Museum, where an included, pre-reserved admission ticket lets you skip the long lines. Enjoy a self-guided exploration of this fascinating museum, displaying artifacts salvaged from the wreckage along with moving stories told by the victims of this tragic event. You’ll finish your trip at the museum at 5pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 9/11 Memorial Museum at 5 pm is non-guided. An average visit takes approximately two hours
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Certain items are not permitted in the Museum and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to 9/11 Museum's guidelines on specific prohibited items.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- COVID UPDATE. Effective August 30, 2021, proof of Covid-19 vaccination (over the age of 12) is required to enter the 9/11 Museum. All those entering (over the age of 18) must provide photo I.D. matching the name on the vaccination record. For full requirements, please check the NYC Government website.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Take Walks New York by Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience