- See the sites where famous musicians played, lived and hung out
- CBGB and former apartments of Joey Ramone, Iggy Pop, and Madonna
- Friendly and informative guide
- Insider tips on the best places to eat, drink, and shop in NYC
Departure & Return
The meeting spot is the SW corner of East 9th Street and 3rd which is across the street from 115 East 9th
What To Expect
Find out where the musicians played gigs, where they lived, even where they shopped and shot album covers. Many of the landmarks on this rock walk have changed, but the memories continue to inspire bands of varied genres to this day. Explore the neighborhood’s rock history, focusing on the sites and the artists.
Check out CBGB, the legendary birthplace of New York City’s rock, punk and folk music scenes. See where Joey Ramone, Iggy Pop, Andy Warhol, and Madonna lived. Visit the St. Mark’s Hotel and Trash and Vaudeville, an iconic shop for punk rock apparel. Find out why the Velvet Underground is recognized as one of the most important and influential bands of its era.
Embrace the rich musical history of this historic Lower East Side neighborhood and get ready to celebrate more than 40 years of rock and roll culture.
An additional Greenwich Village Rock Tour takes a look at the people and places that put “the Village” on the musical map — Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, the Animals, Bottom Line, Gerde’s Folk City, Bitter End, Woody Guthrie, Cafe Wha, Scrap Bar, Gas Light and plenty more.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as there is a moderate amount of walking on this tour
- Wheelchairs and strollers are permitted. Please keep in mind that the area can be congested with traffic, so smaller strollers are recommended, if possible
- Tour is run rain or shine. In the unlikely event that the tour is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your tour
- Please advise phone number upon booking in the event of changes to the tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- EAST VILLAGE TOUR meets at the SW CORNER of East 9th Street and 3rd Avenue
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rock Junket
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.