Utah's Hogle Zoo Tours
Read MoreShow Less
At the base of Emigration Canyon, Utah's Hogle Zoo is one of Salt Lake City's most popular family-friendly attractions. Its 42 acres (17 hectares) are home to more than 800 species of animal. Exhibit highlights include the Elephant Encounter, with African elephants and white rhinos, and the Asian Highlands, featuring five endangered species of Asian cat.
The Hogle Zoo—Utah’s largest—offers daily programs, wildlife demonstrations, bird shows, and special events such as public giraffe feedings and up-close wildlife animal experiences. The zoo also offers a wide variety of classes for both children and adults. Kids won’t want to miss a ride on the Zoofari Express Train or exploring the Lighthouse Point Splash Zone, a nice place to cool off during the heat of the day.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Utah's Hogle Zoo is ideal for animal lovers and families with children.
- You can purchase daily zoo tickets online in advance, and discounts are offered for seniors and children.
- There are eateries on the grounds, plus you are welcome to bring your own food and drink.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen—the Salt Lake City sun can be fierce during summer.
- Click the New at the Zoo! link on the zoo’s website to learn about the newest baby animals.
- Most areas of the zoo are wheelchair and stroller accessible. Wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent.
How to Get There
Utah's Hogle Zoo is located east of downtown Salt Lake City, across from This Is the Place Heritage Park, near the University of Utah. The zoo is most easily reached by car, as there is limited public transportation. Other nearby attractions include Red Butte Gardens and the Natural History Museum of Utah.
When to Get There
The Hogle Zoo is open from 9am to 6pm daily March through October, and 10am to 5pm November through February. The zoo is extremely popular with local families, so make sure to arrive early on weekends or holidays to beat the crowds. Visitors enjoy free admission to the zoo the last Wednesday of the month in December, January, and February.
ZooLights, BooLights, and Other Special Events
ZooLights and BooLights are two of the zoo’s most popular annual events. Each event features the zoo lit up in festive fashion, plus plenty of nightly entertainment and activities for the whole family. The Annual Art Show, held from the end of January through March, offers locals artists the opportunity to show off their wildlife- and nature-inspired art.
Address: 2600 E Sunnyside Ave, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Utah's Hogle Zoo
No results found!
Things to do near Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in Jackson Hole
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Denver
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Wyoming
- Things to do in Colorado