Iberville Passenger Terminal (Port of Montreal)
Travelers find the Iberville Passenger Terminal of the Port of Montreal on the edge of Old Montreal, the historic core of the city that is known for its European-style architecture, cobblestone streets, and sidewalk cafés. Passengers disembarking here can join guided walking tours of the historic old town, which cover top sights such as Place d’Armes, Notre-Dame Basilica, Place Jacques-Cartier, and Rue Saint-Paul.
Sightseeing tours by hop-on hop-off bus or car allow visitors to explore beyond the old town area, stopping at destinations including Chinatown, Mount Royal Park (Parc du Mont-Royal), and St. Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal.
Things to Know Before You Go
Iberville Cruise Terminal offers cafés, an observation deck, restrooms, free Wi-Fi, and luggage storage facilities.
Most Montreal shore excursions include pickup and drop-off at the port.
The length of shore excursions range from short walking tours of Old Montreal to full-day excursions covering a wider swath of the city.
A hop-on hop-off bus tour is an easy way to travel between major attractions.
Choose a private tour to enjoy a customized sightseeing experience.
How to Get to Montreal From the Montreal Cruise Port
The Iberville Passenger Terminal is situated on Alexandra Quay in the Old Port (Vieux-Port) area of the city. The port is centrally situated, leaving passengers within easy strolling distance of Old Montreal and all its historical attractions. Taxis are also available for those traveling farther afield.
The terminal is well-equipped with visitor-friendly facilities. Though French is the official language of Montreal and the province of Quebec, English is widely spoken. The official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- Things to do in Quebec
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts
- Old Port of Montreal (Vieux Port de Montréal)
- Lachine Canal (Canal de Lachine)
- Montreal Science Centre (Centre des Sciences de Montréal)
- Old Montreal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Jacques-Cartier Square (Place Jacques-Cartier)
- Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal (Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal)
- Notre-Dame Street (Rue Notre-Dame)
- Bonsecours Market (Marché Bonsecours)
- Montreal City Hall (Hotel de Ville de Montréal)
- Montreal Champ de Mars
- Saint Paul Street (Rue Saint-Paul)
- Montreal St. Patrick's Basilica
- Montreal Chinatown
- Montreal Underground City