Read MoreShow Less
Made up of three islands in Alamitos Bay, the Italian-inspired neighborhood of Naples is one of Long Beach’s most charming. Attractive homes line narrow canals that provide opportunities for water activities such as kayaking and gondola rides. The largest bay island is bisected by 2nd Street, the main drag home to restaurants and shops.
Its Venice-style layout makes Naples the perfect place for a stroll along the walkways and bridges that connect the canals. Make sure to venture into the center of the middle island to see the 3-tiered fountain. If you’d rather be on the water, you can explore the canals on a kayak ride or a gondola tour operated by a gondolier; gondolas and kayaks launch from the Leeway Sailing Center. For an aerial view of the neighborhood, opt for a helicopter tour.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Naples is ideal for architecture buffs, walkers, or those looking for a relaxing water activity.
- Some gondola operators allow you to bring your own beverages, including beer and wine, on board.
- The neighborhood is mostly residential, so be respectful of private property.
How to Get There
Naples is about a 15-minute drive or 30-minute bus ride east of downtown Long Beach. You can reach the largest island via 2nd Street from both the east and west, as well as Appian Way. Bus lines 121 and 131 stop on 2nd Street, which is also home to a bike share station.
When to Get There
The neighborhood has something to offer all day—you’ll want daylight for kayaking, while gondola rides happen during the day and in the evening for a more romantic atmosphere. Most restaurants are open for lunch and dinner. The Naples Island Christmas Boat Parade is one of Long Beach’s most popular events.
On the northeastern edge of the large island, facing the bay, Marine Park (aka Mother’s Beach) is popular with families. The sheltered stretch of sand features volleyball courts, picnic areas, and calm waters for swimming.
Address: Naples, Long Beach, CA, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Naples
No results found!
Things to do near Long Beach
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona